About the MSN
The Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.) program at Saint Elizabeth University is a 36-credit, cohort-based program which was developed in response to the growing need for nurses with advanced degrees who can assume leadership positions in education and practice. The program offers two tracks – Nursing Education and Nursing Leadership. The program provides nurses with the opportunity to develop the skills, confidence and knowledge necessary to practice as:
- Faculty in schools and colleges of nursing.
- Educators in health care organizations.
- Patient educators or community educators.
- Nurse leaders in health care organizations.
- Foundation for further educational advancement through nurse practitioner certification or doctoral education.
The MSN program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc., 3343 Peachtree Rd., NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326. (404) 975-5000
Unique Elements of This Program
- The program features a core with advanced study in nursing education and nursing leadership and one clinical practicum course.
- The cohort model facilitates learning and interaction with classmates and highly experienced faculty.
- The program can be completed in three years of part-time study.
- The Nurse Educator track prepares nurses for the NLN Nurse Educator National Certification Exam and both tracks provide the foundation for doctoral study.
- Courses are offered in a blended format that combines face-to-face instruction with online, independent and group assignments.
- Course content in the nursing education track includes: educational tests and measurements; educational learning theories; pedagogical strategies, curriculum development and evaluation.
- Course content in the nursing leadership track includes leadership in health care; human factors and the healthcare environment; health informatics and financial management for nurses; and health policy and advocacy.
- Practical knowledge development of 90 hours is facilitated through the educational teaching practicum in a variety of settings through the implementation of diverse delivery models inclusive of technological pedagogies.
Why Choose SEU
- SEU has a highly regarded reputation in nursing education at the baccalaureate level.
- Small classes, individual attention, experienced caring faculty.
- Flexible hours for advisement, registration, and career counseling.