How can I set up my @steu.edu Account?
- Students enrolling for the upcoming Fall semester will be able to create their student email account in April. Should you have any questions or issues creating your account, please contact Admissions at (973) 290-4700.
- You will need to have your Social Security Number as a verification of your identity (the setup site is secured and encrypted).
- If you are an International student and do not have a Social Security Number, please contact an Admission Counselor for assistance (1-800-210-7900).
- Please go to the @steu.edu Account Setup Page and follow the instructions on the page. (Note: clicking this link will open up a new browser. Make sure you disable the pop-up blocker for www.steu.edu.) Once you have completed and submitted the form, you will receive a message that you have successfully set up your account.
- Next, go to Self-Service to finalize your account. Enter your username (the first part of your email before the @steu.edu). Enter your password. Click Log In. Complete the additional fields of information and submit.
- Once you have completed both steps successfully, you can proceed to log in to any of the other SEU systems you may need to access including library databases and Moodle. Please note it may take a few hours for your Moodle Courses to appear. Most Moodle Courses are made available one week prior to the start of the semester and can be found in the "Future Tab". Some faculty may not open the class until the first session.
- Lastly, you will need to update your preferences for receiving emergency notifications. Go to http://apps.steu.edu/ois/account/profile.cfm. Under Emergency Notifications, select your preferences, then click the blue Update Information button to save your changes.
Why do you need an @steu.edu Account?
Once you set up your @steu.edu Account you will be able to access the following within 24 hours:
- @steu.edu Email - This will be the primary account used to communicate by SEU.
- Moodle - This academic portal is your link to resources used by your professors for coursework.
- Self-Service - This is your link to the Administrative Computing System where you can review your class schedule, register for classes, and check your grades. You will need your System ID which was sent to your personal email account to access Self-Service the first time.
Contact the Help Desk at (973) 290-4015.