Access to Campus
- The North Gate (Park Avenue) is locked from 10:00 p.m. until 5:30 a.m.
- The Seton Gate is locked from 8:00 p.m. until 5:30 a.m.
- The FDU Gate is locked Sunday through Thursday at 12:45 a.m., and on Friday and Saturday it is locked at 2:15 a.m. The gate is opened at 5:30 a.m.
- The South Gate (Madison Avenue) is covered as follows:
There is officer coverage seven days per week 24 hours per day. The security officer at the South Gate observes incoming traffic, notifies the rover for calls of assistance from the campus community and directs visitors to campus destinations.
- After 10:00 p.m., a log is kept of the last name of the driver, the driver's license number, license plate number of the vehicle, event destination, building destination, and vehicle make and model. In rare instances, people have been banned from the campus by the VP for Student Life. A list of names of these individuals is kept at the Campus Security booth in an effort to prevent entry to the campus by these individuals.
- Vehicles are not admitted on Sunday through Thursday after 1:00 a.m., unless there is a student passenger being dropped off or a campus resident is being picked up. If a visitor comes after 1:00 a.m. Sunday through Thursday to pick up a student, the security officer at the security booth will log the driver's information in the After Hours report and take the driver's license to be held at the security booth until the driver exits the campus. The driver is allowed on campus for only 15 minutes.
- Visitors are not permitted to enter the residence halls after 12:30 a.m. on Sunday through Thursday.
- Vehicles are not admitted on Friday and Saturday after 2:00 a.m. unless there is a student passenger being dropped off or a campus resident is being picked up. If a visitor comes to pick up a student after 2:00 a.m. on Friday or Saturday, the security officer at the security booth will log the driver's information in the After Hours report and take the driver's license to be held at the security booth until the driver exits the campus. The driver is allowed on campus for only 15 minutes.
- Visitors are not permitted to enter the residence halls after 2:00 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. The only exception for visitors is any guest that is staying overnight with prior approval of Residence Life Staff.
Campus Safety Must Begin With You!
In an effort to provide a safe environment, all members of the SEU community are encouraged to cooperate with SEU policies and procedures, and to incorporate practical, commonsense safety measures into their daily activities.
Campus safety doesn't just happen. It takes the commitment and cooperation of every member of our campus community. That is why every member of the SEU community needs to take an active role in making the campus as safe and secure as possible. Protecting your safety and well-being is of utmost importance to SEU. Campus safety must begin with you!
It is the responsibility of every member of the SEU community (faculty, staff and student) to immediately report any incident that occurs on the campus that is disruptive, or that causes harm, loss or damage to a person or to personal or real property. The observer of any unacceptable or offensive behavior, criminal act, medical emergency, injury to persons, theft, auto accident, fire, vandalism, or damage to buildings or equipment should report the incident immediately.