Fall 2020 Events
- Nov. 8, 2020 | Kristallnacht Commemoration
- Nov. 10, 2020 | Genocide Prevention in the Age of Extremism
- TBD | Week of Holocaust Remembrance
- Dec. 1, 2020 | The Relationship Between Truth and Denialism
See Event Details and Register
- Annual Kristallnacht commemorations.
- Workshops for public and private school teachers in conjunction with the New Jersey Commission on Holocaust Education.
- In service workshops for public and Catholic school teachers.
- Programs for secondary, public and Catholic school students. For example, presentations at state, national and international gatherings of teachers, religious groups, holocaust survivors and civic groups
- Trips to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, DC, the Museum of Jewish Heritage/A Living Memorial to the Holocaust and the Ellis Island Immigration Museum.
The Mission of the Center is to provide education and remembrance of the Holocaust and other genocides, to facilitate Catholic/Jewish dialogue and interfaith understanding, and to do so with high academic and scholarly standards, as well as standards consistent with the teachings of Vatican Council II.
The Center aims to provide a variety of programs, courses, resources, and other educational opportunities to SEU undergraduate and graduate students and the community, as well as for teachers to enable them to help their own students meet the New Jersey State mandate for education about the Holocaust and genocide.